lunedì 7 ottobre 2013

My story as a "soloist"

Let's start by saying that I am very shy, and being shy for a person who wish to sing in front of people is terrible. My first experience as a soloist was this summer: we sang the "Barber of Seville", I sang in the choir and I also had two small rules: Fiorello and the Official. If we consider how much the other soloists had to sing, I sang nothing :).  I was proud of myself, for I had to study and memorize music and text in a week. What came out was not so bad as I thought.
I remember the moments before the show: we sang in Capranica Prenestina, a small village on the hills around Rome. We sang outdoor and there were many people.  I was frightened since was my first time as a soloist in front of many people, and in front of an entire village, since everyone could hear us!!! Everything went well.

Now that experience has passed and my voice is changing, is maturing, obviously I still need to study a lot but still I am happy because I finally understood what I want to do in my life: I want to be a full time singer.
The 17th November I will sing in another concert and among the compositions that we are going to sing there is the "Osanna" from the B-minor Mass Bwv 232 by Johann Sebastian Bach, who is my favorite singer. The "Osanna" was composed for 2 choirs and orchestra, but it is also possible to "divide" it in soloists and choirs. So it will be singed by 8 soloists and the choirs, and I will be the Basso solo of the I choir.
I am very happy about that and I wish the day of the concert I will be as calm as possible, since I don't want to disappoint anyone, including myself!!!!! XD

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento